Bring on the pumpkin spice, apple cider donuts and sweater weather. Okay, let me be honest, I love the excitement that is built around the fall season. However, I am not in LOVE with the cold weather.
As we FALL deeper into the month of September, that means FALL FESTS and PUMPKIN FARMS. You will be busy and I want you to be PREPARED! I think it's safe to say we all kinda enjoy this time of year, as it's a build up for the holiday season. But there are some nuances about diving head first into these sensory overloaded venues, that can discourage us from attending or make us want to pack up the camp and go home.
I want you to enjoy your time there and not feel overwhelmed by the people, the stollers, wagons, long lines and bees!
Here are some Do’s and Items to pack in your backpack as you head out this fall!
- Toilet Seat Covers for that nasty public porta potty.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Baby Wipes/Wet Wipes
- Change of Clothes (Weather is tricky in the midwest during the fall)
- Hydration (Water, juice, whatever you prefer)
- Small Picnic Blanket
- Battery Pack
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Comfortable shoes (don’t focus too hard on the cuteness. Sometimes there can be muddy conditions)
BEE prepared...Listen, the fall season is prime hunting season for bees. They are EVERYWHERE during this time of year. Here are a couple ways to combat those bees from killing your vibezzz
- Try to avoid loose clothing. Bees love to easily make their way into those spaces where you can't shoo them away.
- Avoid wearing fragrances of any sort. This includes, lotions and body sprays.
- Grab some essential oils and create your own repellent (recipe below)
- Avoid Floral patterns and super bright colors! Believe it or not, wearing white is a good idea (although it's a fashion faux pas during this time of year).
In a spray bottle of water, ddd a few drops of peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil. Add 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to your mixture. Give it a shake and you are ready to go. This is great if you want to spray the air around you. If you would like to spray yourself or kiddos, hold the cayenne pepper! If you would like to spray around your house, add three teaspoons of dish soap and add all other ingredients
Before you arrive take a quick glimpse of the location online so that you can have an idea of what you are up against. Trust me, doing this helps and can be done on the car ride there. Once you arrive, scope out the place, grab a map and locate some of the important places. Those places are typically, bathrooms (porta potty) and food. These are probably the top two places that rack up long lines.
FINALLY...enjoy yourself! Make memories. Enjoy the fun time with your family and indulge on all of the delicious food! Fall fests always have the best unhealthy menu items, so DIVE IN!